What can you expect?
Reporting to the NV Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will lead and be responsible for Financial Reporting (Statutory, Regulatory, Tax and other), Accounting Policy, Financial Control, Solvency, Capital management, Cashflow management, Tax compliance and efficiency, external Audit management for NAGICO Trinidad (“Trinidad”). Key customers include the NV Group Financial Controller, Trinidad Boards of Directors, Trinidad Audit Committee and other subcommittees of the Trinidad Board from time to time, local leaders/representatives. Other customers and stakeholders also include regulators and tax authorities in Trinidad.
We will count on you to:
- Execute the Controllership function for Trinidad.
- Provide assurance over and submit financial information for Trinidad
- Own all risks associated with Financial Reporting
- Prepare and publish the external financial statements for Trinidad including related reporting to the Trinidad Board and Trinidad Board subcommittee
- Prepare monthly actual reports for Trinidad, manage the monthly close in coordination with other parts of the business and the function
- Keep optimising processes and substantially enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of the Trinidad Controllership function.
- Provide specialist accounting advice as needed (e.g. IFRS 17, 9)
- Develop and deliver accounting training to the business and other stakeholders as needed
- Comply with all necessary statutory, tax and regulatory requirements across the territories
- Comply with transfer pricing requirements
- Optimise Trinidad practices with a view to achieving tax efficiencies
- Develop efficient capital and liquidity management and sharing mechanisms
- Define and improve liquidity risk appetite and manage liquidity within defined appetite
- Provide all inputs and support needed to the Trinidad Business Finance team for their deliverables
- Develop and enhance accounting policies, adhere to accounting standards
- Build strong relationships and foster teamwork among territory wide departments and staff to achieve maximum performance.
- Provide professional training to finance staff to improve working processes and quality
- Manage the relationship with external auditors
What you need to have:
- Qualification as a Financial Professional in accounting or finance discipline, with at least 3-5 years’ work experience accumulated including experience with P&C Insurance companies
- Prior experience in an accounting/ IFRS technical accounting/ external audit role is desired
- Financial management experience
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis, recommend solutions, challenge issues with a critical mind-set
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to explain IFRS technical concepts to the local Finance team, business and senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work as team player, able to collaborate with other work streams and to help develop compliant and operationally practical solutions regarding technical matters
- Influencing skills, with proven track record to reach consensus on technical topics with a wide range of stakeholders within a given timeframe
- Good developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and influence in a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to manage a complex process within resource and time constraints
- Good financial technical skills.
- Fluency in all aspects of English is required to be able to manage all aspects of this role.
What makes you stand out?
- Strong intellect with an organised analytical approach.
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining a big picture perspective
- Excellent organisational capabilities.
- Zero appetite for non-compliance and missing reporting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risks related to Controllership responsibilities
- Self-motivated with the energy and ability to take initiative on relevant issues.
- Appropriate mix of maturity and discipline together with flexibility and change agent skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with local and regional business leaders and international headquarters.
Interested in the above position? Please send your resume together with your motivation letter to:
Applications close on Friday, August 26th, 2022