Location of position:
This position can be based out of one of our main Finance locations
What can you expect?
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will lead and be responsible for all Financial Accounting processes, application of Accounting Policy and associated Controls, Receivables, Payables and Credit Control, Investment accounting, Intercompany accounting and Payments, for all the Group’s subsidiaries and branches.
We will count on you to:
- Manage Accounting Operations across all territories of the Group, as a team in a matrix organisational structure. Accounting Operations includes the maintenance of the Group’s ledger for all subsidiaries and businesses
- Always ensure the integrity, accuracy and completeness of the accounting records across the Group’s businesses
- Perform key analyses such as balance sheet analysis and trends
- Manage the process of cash allocations
- Manage all necessary reconciliations including bank, investments, brokers/agents, reinsurers
- Issue accurate statements to relevant parties
- Manage the relationship with external parties such as reinsurers, brokers, agents, MGAs and Vendors
- Manage the receivables balances and associated metrics
- Accurately report receivables ageing and provide insights to facilitate improvements in debt collection
- Maintain and improve controls associated with procurement, invoice approvals and payments, always ensuring appropriate segregation of duties and access rights of staff
- Manage the accruals processes, suspense accounts usage, always ensuring these are cleared timely and accruals are properly maintained (including for discretionary bonuses)
- Maintain and improve controls associated with updating the Group’s ledgers
- Manage all accounting related to fixed assets, property, leases, defined benefits schemes in coordination with the Group Financial Controller
- Manage the process of accounting for investments, reinsurance, IFRS 17/9, group recharges
- Manage all intercompany balances and payments
- Deliver an accurate, complete and timely ledger, monthly
- Liaise with external (e.g. tax) and internal (e.g. actuarial) teams to ensure the ledgers are updated with accurate, complete and most up to date information
- Keep optimising processes and substantially enhance the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of the Accounting Operations function.
- Provide specialist accounting advice as needed (e.g. IFRS 17, 9)
- Provide all inputs and support needed by the Controllership, Business Finance and other teams for their deliverables
What you need to have:
- Qualification as a Financial Professional in accounting, finance or actuarial discipline, with at least 10 years work experience accumulated
- Prior experience in an accounting / IFRS technical accounting role is desired
- Progressive financial management experience in international and geographically distributed organisations.
- Proven ability to deliver a process-driven, high quality operation with staff in many locations
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to explain IFRS technical concepts to the local Finance teams, businesses and senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work as team player, able to collaborate with other work streams and to help develop compliant and operationally practical solutions regarding technical matters
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, with proven track record to reach consensus on technical topics with a wide range of stakeholders within a given timeframe
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and influence in a complex matrix environment.
- Ability to lead a team of finance and operational staff, across jurisdictions and sub functions, particularly in a pressurised and deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage a complex process within resource and time constraints
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Fluency in all aspects of English is required to be able to manage all aspects of this role.
- Fluency in French is desirable.
What makes you stand out?
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining a big picture perspective
- Excellent leadership and organisational capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk at a process or organisation level and to apply mitigating controls
- Appetite for constant improvement in processes, controls, people’s skills and capabilities, timeliness
- Zero appetite for non-compliance and missing reporting deadlines
- Self-motivated with the energy and ability to take initiative on relevant issues.
- Appropriate mix of maturity and discipline together with flexibility and change agent skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with local, regional and group business leaders and international headquarters.
Interested in the above position? Please send your resume together with your motivation letter to:
Applications close on Monday, August 01, 2022