The Finance Manager is overall responsible for the financial operations of the Curacao/Bonaire territories.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor financial operations – The finance manager is responsible to monitor the day-to-day financial operations of the Curacao and Bonaire territories. This includes but is not limited to review of monthly payroll, timely submission of broker (commissions) statements, timely accounts receivable collection, payment of suppliers/taxes and managing the cash and investment position.
- Manage financial team – The finance manager is responsible to oversee the financial team, this includes giving the necessary assistance to ensure proper functioning and development of the finance team including periodical reviews.
- Monitor financial performance – The finance manager is responsible to track the performance of the Curacao and Bonaire territories and identify areas for potential improvement on e.g. areas of operational efficiency or areas of cost savings. Further the finance manager should seek out methods to minimize the financial risks to the Curacao and Bonaire territories.
- Submission of financial (reviewed) data – The Finance Manager should provide accurate reviewed monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, which is submitted to the Stakeholders (internal and external) in a timely manner. The Finance Manager should ensure that all financial data is reviewed but should also ensure that proper feedback to the team is given on improving the quality of the data and information provided.
- Provide insightful information – The finance manager is responsible to provide financial reports to Board Members, Stakeholders, executives and client in formal meetings. Further the finance manager should provide insightful information and expectations to the senior executives to assist in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Policies and procedures – The finance manager should establish and maintain proper financial policies and procedures for the Curacao and Bonaire territories.
- Regulations/legislation – The finance manager should understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Audits – The finance manager is responsible to monitor timely and accurate preparation of internal and external audit deliverables.
- Other – Other related duties that are assigned by the Executive Manager Finance.
- Advanced Degree in Accounting/Business/Economics/Finance, or a related field;
- Advanced Knowledge of Spread sheets application and Accounting Software SAGE and FIMMAS;
- Leadership skills and experience, employee management;
- Solid oral and written communication skills;
- Analytical, planning and research skills;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; and
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in comparative environment.