Accounts Clerk – Accounts Receivable
The successful candidate will assist with the administration of accounts receivable including ensuring the integrity of the accounts receivable database.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agents’ Production List Administration
- Enters and updates Agent accounts from weekly transmittals;
- Check preparation;
- Maintains the filing of transmittals, commission statements and other agent related correspondence and contracts;
- Reviews and generates monthly Account Receivable statements;
- Prepares Accounts Receivable reconciliation.
- Customer Database
- Corrects or provides guidance to correct errors in the Insurance program made by users;
- Monitors database and applies corrective measures to achieve accuracy;
- Ensures all refunds and reimbursements of overpayment checks are properly recorded;
- Cross checks claim payments against Accounts Receivable balances;
- Updates the database with return checks and follows up to ensure settlement.
- Receipt Book Control
- Periodically requests completed receipt books from Agents for reconciliation including; notification and follow up on inconsistencies and void receipts;
- Ensures proper recording of issued receipts books and receipt numbers.
- Provide Training to Accounts Receivable program users
- Monthly and Year End Audit Preparations
- Processes and follows up on Confirmation of Balance letter request;
- Reconciles Report File Preparation;
- Ensures all accounts receivable balances are reconciled to the GL Prior to submission to the auditors;
- Prepares reports and schedules;
- Prepares reports for Agent Performance Awards;
- Records monthly premium, miscellaneous and zzz journals to the Accounting program;
- Records monthly rental income including statement preparation.
Required background and experience:
- Associates of Science Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or Management;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good analytical and organizational skills;
- Must be able to work independently and cooperate with the accounting team in order to operate effectively within the accounting department;
- Knowledge of ACCPAC would be an asset;
Compensation and Benefits
The selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Interested persons can forward their CV, including copies of original diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to:
The Department of Labor and Social Affairs and
NAGICO Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 87, Philipsburg,
St. Maarten D.W.I.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions on position, please contact Ms. Shelly Alphonso at 542-2739 ext. 225.
Applications close on: February 15th, 2019