Senior Database Developer
NAGICO Insurances is a dynamic, financially strong and innovative insurance provider employing over 400 professionals in various functional areas throughout the Caribbean.
We are currently seeking the services of a dynamic professional to join our team.
SQL Database Developer (mid-level)
The Database Developer focuses on designing and developing data repositories using SQL server database. He/she uses data modeling techniques and tools in analyzing and specifying data structures to be implemented within an application system.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and analyze requirements, design and develop databases;
- Define back-end database structures from a logical or application-oriented perspective to ensure that all front-end development efforts correlate with the appropriate tables and fields required by the system
- Create queries, view, stored procedure and work in conjunction with developer or business users to make sure the business data requirements are met;
- Contributes to the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of reporting and analytic solutions.
- Assist in the planning , implementing and monitoring of organizational databases
Required background and experience
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent level of training and experience ;
- Database Certifications (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, DB2);
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and solve complex problems, visualize and design data structures across platform;
- Ability to work independently and in collaborative environment;
- Extensive experience in:
- designing, creating and maintaining SQL databases;
- writing stored procedures, triggers, SQL scripts, optimization of complex SQL queries;
- creating Microsoft BI tools including SSIS packages, reporting services, Analysis services, MDX queries;
- advanced Excel reporting including pivot tables, functions, macros and PowerPivot;
- .NET web development and how it interacts with back-end process
- database structures, theories, principles and practices;
- System Development Life Cycle.
Are you interested in a career with NAGICO? If so, please forward your resume and motivation letter, including copies of diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to:
NAGICO Human Resources Department
C.A Cannegieter Street #26, Philipsburg,
St. Maarten D.W.I.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Call: 1(721) 542-2739 ext 230
Applications Close on: Thursday August 31st, 2017.