Welcome to NAGICO Insurances, the largest privately-owned general insurance company in the region. NAGICO has operations in over 21 territories including the Dutch, English and French Caribbean. We are using your location to direct you to our website in your area. Please select a different location, if you have been located incorrectly.
The Senior System Administrator will plan, implement, oversee, and maintain server and infrastructures and projects with an emphasis on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
Maintenance or implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and
documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures will also form part of their responsibilities.
The Senior System Administrator will also plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. He/She will act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– Administers and supports core Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud resources;
– Develops and implements project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans;
– Designs and implements monitoring, configuration management and reporting
functions that will make a hands-off environment;
– Defines and documents best practices and procedures;
– Assists with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation,
recommendation, and negotiations;
– Coordinates the development, training, and exercise of a recovery plan;
– Establishes contacts/networks for recovery resources and support systems;
– Forms internal and external contacts and contractors;
– Assesses damage after a natural or man-made disaster;
– Identifies and defines scope of repair work;
– Develops repair plans and schedules;
– Restores operations;
– Keeps Disaster Recovery plans updated;
– Mentors / cross trains team members on existing and new technologies;
– Carries out special tasks at Management’s direction;
– Interacts with Insurance Agents and staff at the technical level, as required;
– Provides after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well\
occasional weekend maintenance;
– Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred;
– Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Associate;
– Microsoft Certification Azure Administrator;
– A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking;
– Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2008 and up), Windows desktop
Operating Systems (7 and up);
– Experience managing more than 30 Windows Server infrastructures;
– Experience in deployments/rollouts;
– Group Policy design and configuration;
– Linux administration is a plus;
– Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration;
– Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues;
– Strong communication and documentation skills;
– Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
– Must be organized and can manage projects of varying length;
– Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently;
– Must be a team player.
Interested person should forward their CV, including copies of diplomas & certificates, references, and recommendation letters (all in English) to:
Human Resources Department
Applications close on: Monday, April 11th, 2022