The Sr. Internal Auditor will be responsible for performing individual audit projects and Administration.
Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and execute internal audits, including performance of risk assessments and assisting in the preparation of a Group Internal Audit Plan
- Conduct operational, information technology, financial and compliance audits according to Group Internal Audit Plan. Includes developing internal audit scope, designing, and performing internal audit procedures and preparing and finalizing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Perform audits of the operation’s intermediaries to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and contractual obligations.
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations which have a significant impact on the operation including Anti-Money Laundering policy and Insurance regulations and report on whether or not the operation is complying with these policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Prepare recommendations for all levels of management, considering impact, pertinence, and documentary evidence and present to management the results, recommendations, and conclusions of audit reviews.
- Discuss the control, and process weaknesses identified during the audit (inclusive of the reason for their existence/occurrence, remedial action to be taken and implementation dates for agreed remedial action) with management and perform proactive follow-up with management regarding outstanding remedial action items.
- Provide advisory /consultancy services as needed for specific risks identified or projects being undertaken (inclusive of the development of new information systems, new product launches, etc.) to ensure that efficient and effective controls are incorporated.
- Coordinate external audit support work as the need arises.
- Report to the Head of Internal Audit on the policies, programs, and activities of the department.
- Maintain objectivity and independence for each engagement as required
- Follow the Internal Audit Charter, manuals, protocols, and other internal policies and procedures
- Conform to all applicable international professional standards at all times.
- Submit / discuss self- assessment of performance with the Head of Internal Audit every six (6) months.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Accumulate data, maintain records, and prepare reports on the administration of audit projects and other assigned activities.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or any other related degree.
- Must possess (or be in the process of obtaining) at least one (1) professional audit or accountancy qualification / designation e.g., CIA, ACCA, CA, CPA, RA.
- Additional specialist qualifications would be an added benefit e.g., CISA, CFSA, CFE, CAMS
- Three (3) to Five (5) years auditing experience with at least One (1) to Two (2) years of internal audit experience preferably.
- Relevant experience in the insurance and financial services industry is desirable.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Good oral and written communication skills in English is mandatory.
- Fluency in French is a must.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and ability to provide timely updates to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Must possess unquestionable character, good analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Should demonstrate sound judgement and excellent report writing skills
- Possess Flexible and effective Planning skills
- Should be able to obtain Management buy-in for constructive change
- Continuous improvement in level of knowledge and experience
Interested person should forward their CV, including copies of diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to:
Human Resources Department
Applications close on Friday, July 15th, 2022Apply Direct