What can you expect?
Reporting to the Group Head of Accounting Operations, the successful candidate will perform all aspects of reinsurance accounting for both non-Life and Life business. Oversee monthly internal billing and payment of treaty premiums, calculation of premiums and recoveries including reconciliations and periodically reporting. Maintain relationships with internal and external customers, to effectively manage the process. Key customers include the Group Head of Accounting Ops, Group Financial Controller, Group Head of Treasury and local, regional and Group reinsurance and underwriting representatives (both internal and external).
We will count on you to:
- Review list of treaties quarterly working to verify accuracy
- Payments of deposit premium/monthly settlements/FAC invoices
- Prepare monthly & quarterly outstanding payables
- Follow up on (overdue) reinsurance payables
- Line of credit (“LOC”) maintenance (increases and decreases required)
- Manage the monthly internal billing/allocation process
- Calculate monthly financial ceded premiums on all treaties
- Calculate monthly claim recoveries on all treaties
- Calculate monthly commission on all treaties
- Calculate XOL periodically (internal) settlements based on updated aggregates
- GL reinsurance premium reconciliation - including commentary and each treaty reviewed
- GL commission reconciliation
- GL claims recovery reconciliation
- Manage the preparation of periodically reinsurance premium and loss bordereaux
- Follow up and respond to reinsurance related (internal and external) requests
- Assist in the preparation of Assumed & Ceded Schedule for financial statements
- Manage the preparation of various management reports on a periodically basis
- Assistance with audit requests
- Financial closing, management and Board reporting
- Ensure effective controls are maintained and followed
What you need to have:
- Qualification as a Financial Professional in accounting or finance discipline, with at least 4-6 years’ work experience in accounting/finance with emphasis in the insurance/reinsurance industry
- Demonstrated ability to respond to urgent requests and changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Ability to manage a complex process within resource and time constraints
- Excellent financial technical skills
- Proven ability to deliver high quality analysis, recommend solutions, challenge issues with a critical mind-set
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and analysis
- Desire to pursue innovation and improvement
- Has strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Proficient Excel skills: Pivot tables, v-lookups.
- Data management
- Fluency in all aspects of English is required to be able to manage all aspects of this role
- Fluency in French is desirable
What makes you stand out?
- Strong intellect with an organised analytical approach.
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining a big picture perspective
- Zero appetite for non-compliance and missing (reporting) deadlines
- Self-motivated with the energy and ability to take initiative on relevant issues
- Appropriate mix of maturity and discipline together with flexibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested in the above position? Please send your resume together with your motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Direct