A Help desk technician provides technical support and assistance, whether on the phone, in person, or remotely, related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for the following (but not limited to)
Insurance Pro (and related custom modules)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote & PowerPoint)
- Manage requests by logging tickets to the respective IT personnel
- Maintain and monitor the UPS infrastructure
- Implement and maintain the overall virtual infrastructure
- Manage VPN (virtual private networks)
- Configure, manage and monitor SANs and DNS servers
- Manage security firewalls
- Install and maintain hardware
- Maintain active directory (manage GPOs, OU structure, groups and permissions)
- Implement, install and maintain VOIP solutions
- Manage communication systems, exchange, office communicator etc.
- Maintain and ensure proper functioning of all networking components
- Enable users for office communicator
- Create mailbox
- Ensure logs are being truncated by backups to maintain acceptable storage levels
- Manage the installation and maintenance of cameras and security components
- Create and manage security access badges
- Ensure that the server room is orderly at all times
- Assists in other activities within the department, as directed by management.
Main Requirements include:
- Minimum MBO diploma in related field of study
- A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications and system
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with minimal notice
- Available to work regular overtime
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Detail oriented in order to keep detailed notes on tickets
- Highly organized to keep Help desk tickets order
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- Excellent Analyzing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
Application Close Date – Monday, 26th December, 2022.