Trinidad & Tobago
Internal Auditor (Junior/Senior)
The Internal Auditor (*Junior/Senior) reports to the Internal Audit Management Team and will be responsible for performing individual internal audit projects. The execution of the duties entailed in this position may require frequent travel to various jurisdictions where NAGICO operates. NAGICO’s Head office is in St. Maarten where the Internal Auditor (Junior/Senior) will be located.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Plan, organize and execute internal audits, including risk assessments and assisting in the preparation of a Company-wide Internal Audit Plan
- Conduct operational, information technology, financial and compliance audits. Includes developing scope, designing and executing procedures, and preparing and finalizing internal audit reports
- Perform audits of the operation’s intermediaries to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and contractual obligations
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations and report on same
- Present the results, recommendations, and conclusions of audit reviews to management
- Provide advisory/consultancy services, as needed, for specific risks identified or projects being undertaken to ensure that efficient and effective controls are incorporated
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent.
- Possession (or in process of obtaining) a professional audit or accountancy qualifications e.g., CIA, ACCA, CA, CPA, RA, would be an asset
- 3 – 5 years of experience in auditing is required. Preferably, internal audit experience
- Relevant experience in the insurance and financial services industry is desirable
- Good oral and written communication skills in English is mandatory.
* Appointment of Junior or Senior Internal Auditor title will depend on candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Interested person should forward their CV, including copies of diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to:
Please send resume to The Department of Labor and Social Affairs and NAGICO Human Resources Department
C.A Cannegieter Street #26, Philipsburg, St. Maarten D.W.I.
or via email to email@example.com