Welcome to NAGICO Insurances, the largest privately-owned general insurance company in the region. NAGICO has operations in over 21 territories including the Dutch, English and French Caribbean. We are using your location to direct you to our website in your area. Please select a different location, if you have been located incorrectly.
As the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Officer, you will play a pivotal role in managing internal and external risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for our Group of Companies. Your responsibilities include serving as the GRC Officer for the French Branch Office and Corporate GRC Officer. This dual role will involve maintaining compliance with local laws and regulations, especially in relation to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML&CTF) and coordinating various GRC functions.
Location: The selected candidate for the GRC Officer role may be based in St. Maarten (Dutch part) or Saint Martin (French part), where our Head Office and French Branch are located. Consideration for other territories within the region where NAGICO operates may also be an option but may require some travel to the either French or Dutch parts of St. Maarten/Saint Martin to satisfy the requirements of this role.
GRC Officer for the French Branch in alignment with the Territory Head
· Ensure compliance with AML&CTF and local insurance regulations.
· Maintain high levels of Company-wide compliance, especially AML&CTF.
· Coordinate and document regulatory supervisory visits.
· Monitor customer compliance, conduct compliance reviews, and update files.
· Assist in identifying and addressing regulatory weaknesses.
· Populate and maintain legislative libraries in the GRC Cloud.
· Attend regulatory and industry meetings and provide training.
· Manage client relationships to prevent tip-offs during suspicions.
· Support the Chief GRC Officer in report preparation and compliance trends.
· Advise on changes to laws and regulations impacting the Company.
Corporate GRC officer with a focus on Group governance and risk projects as assigned by the Chief GRC officer.
· Focus on Group governance and risk projects as assigned by the Chief GRC Officer.
· Examples of projects may include risk taxonomy, sanction tool implementation, policy and procedure framework, conflict of interest policy implementation, risk register updates, input on new product oversight committee, and more.
· Execute other tasks assigned by the Chief GRC Officer.
· A minimum of three (3) years of senior/ intermediate level experience in the compliance and/or risk management field within the financial services industry;
· Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills in English and French is a must;
· Maintenance of a compliance or risk management professional designation/qualification and experience;
· Has and knowledgeable of and experienced with the compliance regulations;
· Should be of high integrity, critical, persistent, analytical and deadline oriented;
· Knowledge of the non-life insurance industry; and
· Must be able to work independently.
Join our team and contribute to our company’s governance, risk management, and compliance efforts. Apply now to make an impact in the dynamic world of insurance.
Interested persons should forward their CV, including original diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to: HR Department via email: email@example.com
· This position requires excellent Oral and written communication skills in English and French. Only qualified applicants that meet this requirement will be considered.
· All applications should be submitted in English. In the case of French documents, English translations should be provided.