In keeping with our driving focus to become the leading general insurance company in the Caribbean with operations in 21 territories, the NAGICO Insurance Group of Companies is seeking the services of a dynamic professional for the position of:
Responsible for the operations of the claims functions in St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius and Montserrat, ensuring that insurance issues have been settled and claims have been paid out to interested parties in accordance with company regulations. This position will be based in St. Maarten.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing, overseeing and recommending adjustments to structure, that will allow efficient execution and process improvements;
- Responsible for overseeing the effectiveness, efficiency and development of the claims department staff and the department;
- Problem Solving;
- Ensures that Agents/Brokers receive adequate assistance in claims related areas daily;
- Oversees and monitors the administrative work flow;
- Is an escalation point for dealing with dissatisfied claimants.
- Continually demonstrates to the staff the importance of working as a team and ensures that they are constantly engaged in order to foster team spirit;
- Loss Control;
- Monitors the department’s loss cost and ratios;
- Ensures that all subrogation files are appropriately prepared and monitors the legal process including ensuring that all efforts are made toward the recovery of same;
- Monitors and manages the collection of outstanding deductibles;
- Monitors salvage values and the sale of same for those retained by the Company;
- Responsible for the timely and effective reporting of information required to effect reinsurance recovery;
- Monitors all legal / contentious claims and liaises with legal counsel in determining and applying legal strategies to settle the disputes;
- Monitors the department’s performance results and makes recommendations for improvement.
- General Administration and Control;
- Plans the execution of the department objectives including the setting and monitoring of deadlines;
- Approves claim settlements;
- Monitors and reports claims reserves;
- Monitors the adherence to established policies and procedures inclusive of quality claim file documentation;
- Ensures documented policies and procedures are appropriate and relevant;
- Prepares staff evaluation reports inclusive of development plans where appropriate;
- Prepares claims statistical reports timely;
- Controls claims documentation and the execution of appropriate storage, retrieval and retention processes;
- General control of the department activities;
- Monitoring reserving and settlement philosophies.
- Monthly reporting to the Chief Claims Officer on the departmental performance and any recommendations.
Required background and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or in a related field;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Analytical skills: Problem solving (broad-based, analytical, conceptual, creativity);
- Financial assessments of claims, Data analysis, Decision-making;
- Work / Time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Functional knowledge & understanding: Claims management process;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English mandatory. Dutch, French or Spanish language skills would be an asset;
- Strong working knowledge in computer skills and the ability to create reports from claims data;
- Be familiar with changing legislation and insurance related court decisions;
- Ability to work overtime hours when workload necessitates;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Compensation and Benefits
The selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Interested persons can forward their CV, including copies of original diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to:
The Department of Labor and Social Affairs and
NAGICO Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 87, Philipsburg,
St. Maarten D.W.I.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions on position, please contact Ms. Donna De Roché at 542-2739 ext. 384.
Applications close on: 15th February,2019