NAGICO Insurances is looking for an Assistant Company Secretary & Paralegal. This position will be responsible for providing professional administrative support and secretarial services to the Company Secretary and Company’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Department. The selected individual must have the ability to work in a fast-paced & high-pressure environment, remaining resourceful and efficient and maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality which is crucial to this role.
This position is based at our Head Office in St. Maarten.
Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting of Board and Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting Minutes
- Coordinate all aspects of Board meetings logistics including timely follow-up of Board Action items;
- Assisting in the formulation of policy in response to new regulations and guidelines that impact the Company;
- Providing support on legal due diligence exercises and regulatory issues generally;
- Assist with the due diligence documentation for Incorporation of new Companies and/ or entrants to new markets;
- Ensuring payment of Annual licenses, Chamber of Commerce and business license fees throughout the NAGICO Group;
- Maintain corporate registers - Shareholders, Directors, Senior Officers.
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory reporting, annual returns are duly submitted within the set deadlines;
- Bank Accounts: Opening new accounts, completion/ update of bank forms regarding corporate, directors’, officers’ and signatories’ data ;
- Research, prepare and or coordinate requests for various Corporate documents g. board resolutions, position papers, chamber of commerce updates, and notarization/ legalization of documents;
- Other assigned duties as may be required by the Company Secretary
Required Qualification & Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management Studies; coupled with a paralegal certification or the equivalent. Additional professional qualifications in the GRC field a
- At least 3 years working experience as a paralegal or similar
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English is
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are equally important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various internal and external
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & high-pressure environment, remaining, resourceful and
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality is extremely crucial to this role.
- Ability to work independently and proactive to ensure deadlines are
- Familiar with Insurances regulations is a
Does this profile interest you?
Interested persons should apply by sending their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on: Monday, September 26, 2022Apply Direct