Reports to: Primarily reports to the Operations Manager and functionally to the Accountant.
Job purpose: The Assistant Accountant will execute assigned duties and support the Accountant with any other reasonable responsibilities within the scope of Accounting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Posting of monthly production journals
- Ensuring that all expenses are booked and payments to vendors are made
- Monthly reconciliations
- Fixed Assets
- All adjusting entries
- Assist with Accounts Receivable management.
- Prepare and review journal entries.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly & yearly financial statements.
- Assist with the preparation of filings for regulators.
- Assist with compilation of data required by Operations Manager: Production reports, loss ratios and any associated records.
- Assist with Anti-Money Laundering and compliance management and training.
- Assist with Year-end Audit preparation and requests.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Qualifications – Completed or currently pursuing a recognized international accounting qualification (ACCA/CGA/CPA/RA).
- Minimum 3 years job experience.
- Experience preparing company accounts and reconciliations.
- Strong communication (oral/written/presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Confidentiality and Diplomacy.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and independently.
- Relevant experience in the insurance industry is a strong advantage.
Compensation and Benefits:
The selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary which will be commensurate with experience and education,
Interested persons can forward their CV, including copies of original diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.