Department: Accounting Department – Anguilla
Reports to: Primarily to the Branch Manager and functionally to the Chief Financial Officer, Financial Controller & Executive Management Accounting Department
Job purpose: To ensure timely financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations direct all financial activities, including implementing and monitoring effective controls and procedures. This position is based in Anguilla.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all primary accounting records and files in an orderly fashion and maintain SAGE 300 or similar accounting software;
- Develop annual budget procedures and guidelines, assist Departments in budget preparation and oversee the consolidation of budgets and projections;
- Provide analysis on current operations and strategic planning for future operations and plans including financial modeling development;
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts;
- Review and complete all monthly reconciliation and journal entries;
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including P&L, Balance sheet and cashflow statements;
- Prepare and complete all payroll related processes in strict confidence, and ensure all monthly returns are completed timely;
- Develop, implement and monitor financial controls and procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the company;
- Develop and implement strong internal controls and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures;
- Work with external auditors to prepare and complete all external statutory compliance reports in accordance within agreed standards and laws of Anguilla;
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual filings to regulators;
- Responsible for reinsurance, intercompany entries and transactions;
- Other related duties that are assigned by the Financial Controller.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance coupled with a qualified or part-qualified recognized international accounting qualification (ACCA/CGA/CPA/RA);
- Minimum of five (5) years Accounting experience;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and SAGE 300;
- Relevant experience in the insurance industry is a strong advantage;
- Strong communication (oral/written/presentation) and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong leadership skills with attention to detail;
- Solid training in all areas of accounting: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, Profit and Loss, preparation and analysis, etc.;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits:
The selected candidate will be offered an attractive salary which will be commensurate with experience and education.
Interested persons can forward their CV, including copies of original diplomas & certificates, references and recommendation letters (all in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the position, please contact Howard Cheng-A-June at Howard.email@example.com
Applications Close on December, 8th, 2020.